Welcome to A Chile Adventure!
In early March 2011, I will be embarking on an epic adventure to work in Chile for four months with a fabulous group of Christians and the organisation Latin Link. The plan is to keep all you guys updated with my progressing in raising money to get there and all that I get up to while I'm out there!
Please keep me, the guys and girls I'm travelling with and the people we will be working with in your prayers and please donate if you can!

Monday 10 January 2011

56 Days To Go....

Well... Here goes with my first entry on here! And for those of you how don't know yet, I'll fill in some of the details of what's going on...

About two months ago I decided to apply for a four month trip with Latin Link (an organisation who work in Latin America). Latin Link provide opportunities for people with a passion for Christian mission in and from Latin America. They run three different programmes called Step, Stride and Stay; the first being a four month trip, the second an eight month trip and the last staying in the country. They work with churches that are already working in communities in Latin America and aim to support and aid those churches through these three programmes.

So, after a whirlwind of filling in forms and an interview day, I'm off to Chile in March! I'm gonna be travelling with a group of 10 other Christians from around the UK and Europe to come along side churches in Chile. We are gonna get to be involved in some hardcore building work, kids work, street evangelism as well as church life. We're gonna be based in Temuco, a fairly large city approximately 8 hours south of Santiago (Chile's capital). 

Our flights are provisionally booked for the 7th of March, so there's lots to try and pack in before then, including a horrendous amount of expensive injections, a weeks training with the rest of the Steppers, brushing up on my Spanish, and raising the money to go!


I'm aiming to raise £5,000 for this project, which will cover everything from flights and accommodation to money to give into the churches that Latin Link work with. I'll keep a running total of the amount that's been raised and the events that happen to help raise more! Current running total is £350! If you'd like to donate then please see the donate info in the right hand column.


I'm looking forward to this very exciting next chapter in my life and ask for your support and pray as I prepare to go and while I'm out there! I'll get some interesting Chile-esk info up soon!


Thanks for reading,


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment